Diary of Catch Reports

The aim of this blog is to give an insight into the fishing available on and around the Isle of Wight for both visiting and resident anglers alike.
It's free to view, informative and I hope - inspiring! Right click the link, add to favourites and keep up to speed with wightwaterangling.
Enjoy!

Sunday 5 April 2015

Same Mark - Different Day....

Another shot at the codling at the same mark as Dave and Mike fished Friday. With all the codling that were showing previously expectations were high but we were in for a different day!
 I was soon into a nice undulate of 15lb on my spinning rod at slack tide....thank god I'd hooked that before the tide started to run or I could have struggled with getting it back to the boat on the light gear!


As the tide got going we put away the spinning rods and fired some baits out uptide in aticipation for the cod....soon enough the first fish came to the boat.



 I wound down on a better fish shortly after.....fighting like a bigger cod all the way to the boat - I was a little disappointed when a smoothound came to the surface!



 The tide then got underway and we waited,and then we waited some more but it just didn't happen! I guess the slightly bigger tide made all the difference...you can't odds it but that's fishing for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment